Friday, August 27, 2010
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
What Nate Loves in His Eighth Month:
- Grandparents who play with him and make him laugh
- Several new foods: mango, watermelon, cantaloupe, avocado, butternut squash, eggplant, roasted red peppers, green beans.
- His teddy bear Goodman, a gift from his great-grandparents.
- Rolling around
- Consonant babble and CHECK OUT THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE experiments
- His kitchen-themed activity table, handed down from Alexandra, although he primarily “drives” the bowl of alphabet soup.
- His Little Tikes bus, on loan from the Ryker Motor Pool.
- Pulling up to stand
- The brim of Mama’s cap. Mama sometimes wishes her signature look was something slightly more feminine, but oh well.
- Mornings on the porch with Daddy.
What Nate Does NOT Love in His Eighth Month:
- Arms being put in sleeves...sheer torture, apparently.
What Mama and Daddy Love in Nate’s Eighth Month:
- The toothy grin (two on bottom)
- Occasional spontaneous hugs
- Baby toes in the sand
- The fact that his naps are longer than half an hour...finally!
- Stroller walks to look at boats and the water (Daddy) and running errands with Nate napping in the Ergo (Mama.)
- Baby belly